6.29.2011

"You are My Sunshine"













Our approach to bedtime has changed again with the addition of Nola. Most nights I read stories to Finn on the couch and then while I get Nola ready for bed Chris finishes off the rest making sure Finn gets his teeth brushed and then tucks him into bed with a song, a Bob Book and often a few shared giggles.

The other night I overheard a moment that made me smile and still does as I think about it again. Finn was cranking his music player which plays the tune "You are My Sunshine". He was varying the speeds and they were both making a game of singing away fast then slow, getting such a kick out of it. Those little moments are so special (for them - and me when I'm fortunate enough to catch a small "glimpse").

2 comments:

Aunt Laura said...

Hi Chris & Erica, It's been too long since I wrote anything to you. Could you all post some new Nola & Finn pics? Thanks! We will be seeing you in Nov. and it will be so,so good. I can hardly wait! So much I'd like to hear about your life in Utah. See you soon, Aunt Laura

Aunt Laura said...

Merry Christmas! (a little late) Chris, Erika, Finn & Nola. Have a great time with Nana & Papa really soon! Love the snow pics from Chip & Aud & kiddos. No snow in store for Tulsa yet. Blessings, A. Laura & U Al